Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Picture This.......

I love pictures and I love to display them.  After we painted the walls and finished the floor in the family room I didn't put any of my pictures back out.  They've actually been stacked in a pile in our bedroom collecting dust while I took an extremely long amount of time putting together some picture ledge shelves.

I searched high and low looking for 4 foot long shelves and when I finally found some I didn't like the price (imagine that)!  I found some instructions online to make my own and I thought how hard could it really be.  I have a hammer and drill.  I can do this.


I used two pine 1x4's and one pine 1x2 per shelf.  I purchased eight foot boards and had them cut in half at the store.  I painted them using Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover in semi-gloss black.  Then they sat in the basement for about a month.  I'd like to say that I'm just so super busy but really I'm intimidated by power tools.

I finally faced my fear of the drill and started putting them together.  It didn't go well.  I walked away after the second shelf and contemplated if I really wanted them.  Two weeks later I put on my big girl panties and finished them up and hung them all by myself.  Proud moment right there!  I may have used some questionable language in the process but I'll never tell.


I love them and I like the idea that I can quickly change out frames and pictures whenever my mood changes.  I also love that it only cost me around $30 to make all the shelves.  Now that's my kind of price range.


Stay Thrifty,
Shea


No comments:

Post a Comment