Monday, April 4, 2016

From Drab to Fab! My Kitchen Cabinet Makeover.......


I’ll just cut right to it.  Here’s the before:


And now they look super AMAZING!


I used 3 coats of General Finishes Milk Paint in Seagull Gray and 3 coats of the High Performance Topcoat in Satin.

It took me about a week to finish them.  It was spring break so the painting only occurred between naps, a trip to the zoo, movies, wine, swimming, and soccer. It was a lot of work BUT so worth it!  

I cleaned all the cabinets, drawers, and doors with TSP and then used a liquid sander/deglosser before I began painting.  I used foam brushes to apply the paint and topcoat and I did not paint the inside of the cabinets.  

I have to admit that I was nervous about painting them and began to doubt my skills. After I put the doors back on and took a step back I knew I made the right decision.  My kitchen feels bigger and lighter. I’m in love with them.

The drill was misbehaving so the hardware on the bottoms will go on another day!




Stay Thrifty,
Shea

2 comments:

  1. Now I want to try this on my cabinets! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The paint is really easy to work with it's just time consuming!

      Delete